Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Big Day!

    
I know that this post is LONG awaited by many, sorry it's taken me so long.  I have been busy trying to get back into the swing of things and get my second graders where they should be...maybe I should teach Eli how to do the blog, but I LOVE doing it so the posts will just take a little longer to appear...On October 18, 2008 Elin and I entered into the sacred covenant of eternal marriage in the San Diego Temple.  It was the best day of both of our lives so far! The ceremony was amazing and we had the great opportunity to be surrounded by family and friends.  The funniest thing to me was that we both expected I would be crying the entire time being that that happens often with me, but to our shock I was completely calm and Eli was the nervous one, but that's just fine... After the ceremony we were joined by even more family and friends and took lots of pictures to capture every moment possible. Although the sun was a little bright, the weather was beautiful and warm! In the afternoon, we enjoyed food and conversation at my parents house, then it was off to the chapel for the reception. Thanks to the wonderful planning of my mom and help of many family and friends everything went smoothly and we all enjoyed the night.  Something that is really fun now is to look back and laugh at all the stressful moments and freak outs.  But for now we'll get on to the pictures and I'll share more stories later...

           
Presenting the new Mr. and Mrs. Elin Abreu
                             
               
     Sisters and Grandma Bird

                
Abreu Family, Bridesmaids, and the Bird Family

                 
Katty, Gimena, and Yina            Sharon, Becky, Jenn and Jill 

        Bridesmaids with Eli

               
Just a little fun, we're not at all or in love! 

        
  Gimena even got my dad to dance! The cake was still a little frozen.. hence the face ;)







1 comment:

Liz B said...

Congrats! I'm so glad that everything went well for you... except the part about being sick on your honeymoon. I was sick on my honeymoon too.
You look gorgeous in the pictures. Congrats again!