Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Some of our recent adventures

So, It's 6:20 on a Tuesday night and I am still in my classroom, but not wanting to do anything for school, so I decided ya'll might enjoy a little update on life....Eli and I are dong fantastic! We are counting down until summer is here, 12 more days of school for me, then it's 5 weeks till San Diego and 6 weeks until the DR! Yep you all heard it, we're going to the Dominican Republic! I am so excited...I get to meet the other half of the family and enjoy a vacation in the Carribean, couldn't really ask for more....Then we'll be back in the end of July and see what other adventures we create...and we'll both be back to school in the fall, me in second grade and Eli starting off college again. That's the low down on us...oh and I guess for those inquiring minds... yes we are working on becoming a 'family' we'll see when there's a little spirit that decides they are brave enough to come to our family! Whoever they may be, they will be in for an adventure....but that's what life is all about, right?! So onto some photos...

FIESTA 2009

In March we were in a dance performance called "Fiesta" at BYU. It was lots of fun, and was my very first time ever performing in a dance performance....







SPRING BREAK

So, I found this thing online where couples can spend a free night at a resort in Park City, if you go on a tour and listen to their whole time share spill... so I decided to schedule it for the beginning of Spring Break. It was so much fun! We arrived there on Friday night and we went to the pool, then we tried to go get pizza at the resort but it was closed, so we drove into Park City and got pizza and then went back to our room and relaxed. It was a really nice night. Of course, it would have been nice to spend even more time there, but we enjoyed it, and hey who can pass up a free night in Park City?






6 MONTHS!!!

So, the next weekend, April 18, was our 6 month anniversary. Eli decided that we should set a goal to visit all the temples in Utah before the end of this year, so he planned our first temple trip, VERNAL! So, we drove out to Vernal and went to the temple. It was beautiful and we were amazed because it was a lot bigger inside than it looked on the outside. Then afterwards we went to the dinosaur museum there, then passed by some houses Eli had worked on and hit the local wendy's for a fancy anniversary dinner on the way back ;)






And now the dinosaurs.....






That's all for now folks... hope you enjoyed and I'm sure there will be more pictures soon, this weekend we're off to Manti...Sorry this post is forever long, I can't figure out how to format the pictures...but oh well!

5 comments:

Erika said...

I bet you are the best teacher ever! Have fun on your trips!

PaulandJeannie said...

I love the update!!! You look great, Elisha, BTW. It sounds like a great summer. I'm sure we'll see you sometime this summer.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

yay for updates... mom and dad will be SO happy... I've got a porter one almost done right now. the car seat wasn't easy and has lots of flaws. it was more difficult that i thought it would be and its more pink that i would want... I found the center fabric cheap while we were in san diego and the only thing i found to match was the pink so i went with it. help with names is welcome remember =)

Cami said...

Yay, you get to go to the DR and soon! I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a wonderful time. It looks like you guys have been having a pretty exciting time and I can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.

Casey and Allie said...

That's so awesome that you get to go to the DR!!! It will be so nice to meet Elin's family. My husband and I went there on our Honeymoon and absolutely LOVED IT! (Watch out for the driving there, though…check out the post on my blog about our experiences in the DR!)